With the advent of globalization, outsourcing IT operations has become ubiquitous. Outsourcing involves relocating a process or a project of work outside the corporate boundaries, often to a third party vendor. Companies today want to make use of outsourcing to cut costs, streamline operations and maintain competitive advantage. A large number of organizations seeking to focus their management, workforce, capital, and other resources on their core competencies examine their business processes for work that can be performed effectively and cost advantageously outside the company.
Databases provide a convenient means of storing vast amounts of information, allowing the information to be sorted, searched, viewed, and manipulated according to the business needs and goals. A substantial amount of time spent by a database administrator is focused on low-level repetitive production tasks such as monitoring, backups, patching, and troubleshooting. The increasing realization of the importance of database up time and hazards of downtime has led to the sharp rise in database outsourcing, and the evolution of remote database administration. Companies outsource their database administration mainly for the following reasons:
- Protection of business-critical data with the highest level of DBA expertise
- Return of focus to company’s core competency rather than recruiting and retaining DBA staff
- 24×7 application support and coverage
- Considerable cost savings, while benefitting from economies of scale
- Access to specialized or task-dedicated talent
- Access to remote managed services are not vulnerable to internal IT turnover
- Highly structured level of information technology management and support
Remote database administration is an especially attractive option for smaller companies or businesses located in places where talent can be hard to find. There are some highly-experienced remote DBA vendors like Bluewolf who have a global pack of experts providing continued optimization of the data storage infrastructure for clients. Bluewolf Remote DBA offers unique advantages:
- Bluewolf Remote DBA uses world-class remote database management tools, and their own proprietary monitoring systems to track all issues and their solutions
- Bluewolf Remote DBA allows companies to focus their resources on core business functions, while saving up to 40% cost of an in-house resource
- Bluewolf remote database administrators are US-based, onshore and on-demand for customers on a 24×7 basis
- These experts have enormous experience of handling multiple platforms, such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, Sybase, and DB2 database administration
- Bluewolf manages and protects the security issues that are critical to businesses
Organizations are experiencing incredible gains, financial and operational, by turning to remote DBAs like Bluewolf Remote DBA.