Choosing the right content management system (CMS) for your website is supremely important. After all, this is your internet marketing hub. WordPress is the smartest choice on the market today. There are a number of benefits that support this statement, as any number of WordPress designers would attest.
Here’s a quick tour of the core reasons to choose WordPress:
- The base software is free of charge.
- It is an award-winning product (at the head of its class).
- Most people find it’s simple to learn and use.
- There is extensive documentation online at WordPress.org.
- It is consistently being improved and updated.
- It’s easy to find people who already know how to use it.
- There is a worldwide community of WordPress designers and developers.
- Many plug-ins and upgrades are available for little or no cost.
- Moving into ecommerce and other advanced website arenas is low-cost, low-impact.
- WordPress’ clean architecture sets the stage for great search engine optimization.
- There is a smartphone app that enables publishing and edits on the go.
In 2009, WordPress was awarded the Overall Best Open Source CMS Award – besting Drupal, Joomla and others. It was a landmark achievement for the platform because it marked a shift in public perception of WordPress, from blog software to full-featured CMS. For many, WordPress remains loosely or tightly connected with the blog culture. This is work ahead on that front.
With the changing perception of the content management system, a broader spectrum of big business brands are getting on board. At the time of this publication, WordPress is currently being utilized by the following major organizations and entities: eBay, Yahoo, Digg, Ford, Wall Street Journal, Sony, People Magazine, Samsung, Playstation, New York Times, Wired, Mozilla Firefox, Giga OM, CNN, Network Solutions, Flickr, Download.com, Ben & Jerry’s Ice Cream, cPanel, General Electric, and Rackspace.
WordPress won’t be for everyone, but that can be said of a great many things. The software platform alone is not going to help people find you on the internet. It’s not going to convince consumers to contact you or make a purchase. It’s not going to guarantee that your website appeals to the right customers. That’s for you to leverage with a team of experts who know what it’s capable of being and doing – the WordPress designers, writers, developers, strategists, publicists, and more who constitute a professional marketing team.
WordPress is a platform from which the best websites can be built and advanced, in a quick and efficient manner. You will draw the right people to your business where the marketing is handled in a serious, “best practices” manner.
Make the smart CMS decision today.